CDM 1250 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cdldoug

CDM 1250 Programming

Post by cdldoug »

I have 2 CDM 1250 radios setup as a repeater. I am also using a Zetron 38 controller. What is the correct setting for pin 11 RX out on the cdm1250 and also pin 5 flat tx audio? The problem I am having is the controller is only responding to PLs 141.3hz and above from the receive radio.. Also on my CDM TX radio it wont pass any PL from the controller.

I had someone program the 1250s for me. I am wondering if the programming is wrong.

Thanks
Jim202

Re: CDM 1250 Programming

Post by Jim202 »

cdldoug wrote:I have 2 CDM 1250 radios setup as a repeater. I am also using a Zetron 38 controller. What is the correct setting for pin 11 RX out on the cdm1250 and also pin 5 flat tx audio? The problem I am having is the controller is only responding to PLs 141.3hz and above from the receive radio.. Also on my CDM TX radio it wont pass any PL from the controller.

I had someone program the 1250s for me. I am wondering if the programming is wrong.

Thanks

In the CDM software go to the "RADIO CONFIGURATION" and double click click on it. Then go to the "ACCESSORY CONFIGURATION" tab. Down about half way you will see "RX AUDIO TYPE" selection. It is defaulted to "FILTERED AUDIO". Click on the arrow and change it to "FLAT AUDIO". This should provide an unfiltered RX audio out for your use. Don't forget that there is probably a DC bias voltage on the line and hopefully the controller has a coupling capacitor to isolate and block the DC voltage.

The next line down is the TX audio controls. Haven't had to play with the settings there, but I would expect one of them will provide the selection your looking for. Most people don't try to use an external controller to generate the PL TX tones. They would use the internal software channel settings for that. Don't forget that the TX audio input will also have a DC bias voltage on it.

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”