MOTOROLA GP300 High Split

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

THE VOICE
New User

MOTOROLA GP300 High Split

Post by THE VOICE »

Hello. I have 3 GP300. 2 are on 163.9 ( P94YPC00D2AA and the the other on 466.100 (P94YPC20D2AA) According to the available graphs / info both these radios work on high split (146-174 and 438-470) I have the DOS RIB for programming and it works fine on XP..BUT my question is How can I change one or the other so that all 3 will work (say on 163.9) because when I see either in the program I cannot change the frequency other than whats allowed by the model. Example when I go to change the 466.10000 and try to enter 163.9 it says that only 438-470 is allowed? Its a question of this high split selection???

Thanks for any help Bob
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MOTOROLA GP300 High Split

Post by wavetar »

They are "high split", but only within their respective bands. The VHF radios will only work in the VHF band, and the UHF will only work within the UHF band. One cannot talk to the other.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
THE VOICE
New User

Post by THE VOICE »

wavetar wrote:They are "high split", but only within their respective bands. The VHF radios will only work in the VHF band, and the UHF will only work within the UHF band. One cannot talk to the other.
Thanks for your reply ..really BIG thanks, but I can't understand how all units are P94Y relating to UHF (not as in P93) fall into a UHF Vs VHF situation? How does this explain or work with a split system ????.Both so that the model number should accept the frequency or be able to change the frequency to either or radios?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Hi. You're new to the board, so just a heads up...no need to post multiple times...there's nothing wrong with the forum, as a new member your posts aren't visible until approved by a mod/admin.

Now, despite what the label on the radio might say, you definitely have radios in different bands. There is no such thing as a dual band GP300. Doesn't exist. When you read the radio with RSS, what shows up as the model number in the software?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

THE VOICE
New User

Post by THE VOICE »

Thank, sorry about the many posts! Yes new member and will note what you said. Back to the issue On the screen of the DOS programming software it does show P94YPC00D2AA for both models that are on the lower freq Its as if they were a VHF model but clearly it shows the 4 not the 3 ??? Really puzzeld here!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

THE VOICE wrote:Thank, sorry about the many posts! Yes new member and will note what you said. Back to the issue On the screen of the DOS programming software it does show P94YPC00D2AA for both models that are on the lower freq Its as if they were a VHF model but clearly it shows the 4 not the 3 ??? Really puzzeld here!
You are right, that is very odd, however, the GP300 series was a favorite 'hacker' radio, and God only knows what was done to them in the past.

Return to “Radio Programming”