JT1000 Squelch Issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yagermeister

JT1000 Squelch Issue

Post by yagermeister »

I have a JT1000 that will open squelch on a channel and you just hear noise. Pressing nuisance delete will make it go away but it will land on the same channel again sooner or later and again just noise. Raising the squelch setting for the channel seems to have no effect. Rotating the channel select knob seeems to make it stop, but it comes back after time. Seems to do this when not in scan mode sometimes also. I was wondering if this could be a setting that I'm overlooking. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Thank You
WA7IEP
WQZW304
Will

Re: JT1000 Squelch Issue

Post by Will »

Has the JT1000 receiver been properly aligned?
yagermeister

Re: JT1000 Squelch Issue

Post by yagermeister »

It should be aligned correctly. I had a friend go thru it and he has a service monitor and all of the necessary test equipment. Does it sound like that could be the issue? I could send it back and have him take a look at it. Seems strange that nuisance delete only works for a few minutes and then scan will land on the same channel (usually only noise, not active though).
WA7IEP
WQZW304

Return to “Radio Programming”