2 meter maxtrac power and deviation.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

banana
New User

2 meter maxtrac power and deviation.

Post by banana »

I have recently acquired a Maxtrac 300 that, like most others, throws up random deviation and power controls when used in the amateur band. :o

I would like to know of there is way which I can modify the table from which these controls are derived so that they either match up with the number obtained from the frequency by the processor or it will always read from a properly set 1st segment?

In addition, has anyone tried reinitializing the radio as a 136-172 mhz radio to remedy this, or would this mess up the soft pot values too much?

Thanks
Jim202

Re: 2 meter maxtrac power and deviation.

Post by Jim202 »

banana wrote:I have recently acquired a Maxtrac 300 that, like most others, throws up random deviation and power controls when used in the amateur band. :o

I would like to know of there is way which I can modify the table from which these controls are derived so that they either match up with the number obtained from the frequency by the processor or it will always read from a properly set 1st segment?

In addition, has anyone tried reinitializing the radio as a 136-172 mhz radio to remedy this, or would this mess up the soft pot values too much?

Thanks

You would have to do an alignment on the radio again to ensure the radio would function properly.

Jim
eleet

Re: 2 meter maxtrac power and deviation.

Post by eleet »

I would not try to bang the radio into the other split. As far as I remember those were only available in medium power. So if your radio is a 45/50 watt you will probably have problems.

There is a firmware chip that solves this problem, go to ebay and look for 'maxtrac amateur'

You will still have to do a full alignment of the radio to set the power and deviation.

Return to “Radio Programming”