JT1000 Government Mode Hex Edit?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

buickid
New User
What radios do you own?: JT, MT, XTS, XTL, XPR, MSF

JT1000 Government Mode Hex Edit?

Post by buickid »

Aloha all. New to the Motorola world, been lurking and reading all I can on here for the past few days. Picked up a very nice JT1000 at a local ham swap meet last weekend. UHF high split, but programmed it for some local ham repeaters just fine using RSS (03.03.00) in DOS using the shift trick. Now, I'd like to do the codeplug hex edit as written on the HT1000/JT1000/VISAR page for "Government mode" so I don't need the dongle (that I don't have) to FPP.

Problem is, when I open up the codeplug in a hex editor (wxHedEditor), offset 0x70 is E5, not 80, as specified. The next offset, 0x71 however, is 80. It definitely is a JT, as putting a diode across the accessory terminals brings up the "CHAN" softkey. Anyone run into this before? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I do feel pretty confident though, certainly required a bit of remembering to get an old machine together, and get DOS going again. Below is a screenshot of the current codeplug, the field with the box around it is offset 0x70.

Thanks in advanced,
Trevor

buickid
New User
What radios do you own?: JT, MT, XTS, XTL, XPR, MSF

Re: JT1000 Government Mode Hex Edit?

Post by buickid »

Nobody?

Return to “Radio Programming”