astro spectra out of band

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LFD57
New User

astro spectra out of band

Post by LFD57 »

I know it has been discussed on many posts but I need some help with finding out how far a astro spectra high power can come out of band. I've had a deck sitting on my shelf for a year or two now and would like to get it up and running. Connecting it to the computer I can see the range is 475-515. The model # is t04slh9pw3an. Any and all help would be much appreciated. I have never done any out of banding so I'm lost
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: astro spectra out of band

Post by jmr061 »

Main questions is what freqs are you wanting to do. If you are thinking amateur 440 forget it.
LFD57
New User

Post by LFD57 »

No defiantly not trying to go that low. Ideally 464.0000
WN3VXP
New User

Post by WN3VXP »

I have some experience getting spectra and astro spectra radios to work beyond band limits set by the factory. First taking your copy of the CPS and hex editing the lower band limit for your radio might be all you need to do. The VCO might need a resistor added to enable the steering line voltage to be set within its operating range in the out of band frequency, but this depends on how far away you are trying to set it. Next, power levels and deviation can vary from factory settings when moving out of band. Last, the APCO 25 digital capability might not function out of band, depending on when the radio was manufactured. Hope this helps. 73, Rick

Return to “Radio Programming”