Syntor programming help needed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hamptonbeach

Syntor programming help needed

Post by hamptonbeach »

I have a VHF Syntor X9000 T73KEJ7J04AK - it was owned by the PA state police.

It has option codes W269, W12B, W17A and W844 only one that is listed at http://www.batlabs.com/x9000.html
(W269 Siren/Public Address )
Anyone know what the others mean?

It has error 13/10 - that I can't find mention of anywhere.
edit - I get the 13/10 error code whether or not I connect the data cable to the repeater box.

It also has this repeater function similar to a Flexar repeater setup.
There is a box that doubles as the syntor mounting bracket - inside the box is a receiver, a duplexer and 2 antenna relays.
There is a data cable that runs off the drawer unit to the 'box' and there are 2 coax connections marked radio and antenna.
Although I know the remote receiver's frequency and PL tone - 159.21 and 186.2, I can't get the unit to do anything when I transmit from a portable on that freq.
There is a button on the control head (rptr) and no matter which of the 32 modes I press it on, it wont light up.

I would chalk it up to a bad unit, but I have more than one of these to play with and I can't get the repeater function to work.
The Syntor as a standalone unit functions properly.
Anyone familiar with these radios?
Jim202

Re: Syntor programming help needed

Post by Jim202 »

hamptonbeach wrote:I have a VHF Syntor X9000 T73KEJ7J04AK - it was owned by the PA state police.

It has option codes W269, W12B, W17A and W844 only one that is listed at http://www.batlabs.com/x9000.html
(W269 Siren/Public Address )
Anyone know what the others mean?

It has error 13/10 - that I can't find mention of anywhere.
edit - I get the 13/10 error code whether or not I connect the data cable to the repeater box.

It also has this repeater function similar to a Flexar repeater setup.
There is a box that doubles as the syntor mounting bracket - inside the box is a receiver, a duplexer and 2 antenna relays.
There is a data cable that runs off the drawer unit to the 'box' and there are 2 coax connections marked radio and antenna.
Although I know the remote receiver's frequency and PL tone - 159.21 and 186.2, I can't get the unit to do anything when I transmit from a portable on that freq.
There is a button on the control head (rptr) and no matter which of the 32 modes I press it on, it wont light up.

I would chalk it up to a bad unit, but I have more than one of these to play with and I can't get the repeater function to work.
The Syntor as a standalone unit functions properly.
Anyone familiar with these radios?

The W12B is for RF Preamp

The W17A - have no idea

The W269 is the electronic siren

The W844 is for factory programming

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”