HT1250 CPS Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

shael
New User

HT1250 CPS Question

Post by shael »

I just programmed an LS+ with conventional channels. Some of them receive and sound fine. Others don't sound unless the monitor/sticky monitor is active.

In the global configuration I have monitor set to silent rather than open squelch (IIRC). In the channel specific profikes, I'm used to seeing the AND/OR options, but they're grayed out.

Thanks!
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: HT1250 CPS Question

Post by SteveC0625 »

shael wrote:I just programmed an LS+ with conventional channels. Some of them receive and sound fine. Others don't sound unless the monitor/sticky monitor is active.

In the global configuration I have monitor set to silent rather than open squelch (IIRC). In the channel specific profiles, I'm used to seeing the AND/OR options, but they're grayed out.

Thanks!
Radio Configuration --> Monitor tab: Monitor Type should not matter. I have one radio set to Silent and everything works fine. I have another that is set to Open Squelch, and it works just as well (that one came to me like that and I did not mess with the setting.)

The AND/OR option only appears if you assign one of the signaling systems to the Rx side of the personality. AND is only needed when you have a signaling system muting the radio in addition to carrier squelch.
shael
New User

Post by shael »

Thanks for the detailed response. What would you recommend I do in this Case to resolve the issue? I could assign a signaling system, literally make something up. I dont need alerting here, just want to hear the channels properly.
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

shael wrote:Thanks for the detailed response. What would you recommend I do in this Case to resolve the issue? I could assign a signaling system, literally make something up. I dont need alerting here, just want to hear the channels properly.
Without seeing the codeplug, I have no way of understanding the settings enough to help you. PM coming at you.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

It's sounds like shael's isn't decoding PL/DPL correctly *OR* the wrong values are plugged in *OR* the station he's listening too doesn't actually transmit PL.
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

Bill_G wrote:It's sounds like shael's isn't decoding PL/DPL correctly *OR* the wrong values are plugged in *OR* the station he's listening too doesn't actually transmit PL.
Agree. I asked him to send the codeplug to me. I'll see if anything jumps out as a problem.
shael
New User

Post by shael »

You both are so generous, thank you! I'll gladly share the CPG when I'm home this evening.

Return to “Radio Programming”