HT1250 Talkaround Issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pccomms
New User

HT1250 Talkaround Issue

Post by pccomms »

I am trying to program a conventional 1250 (S split) and have programmed the toggle talkaround button in several different locations (man down button, short press, bottom side, short press and P3, short press) None seem to work. Every time I press any button, I get the unprogrammed button tone. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: HT1250 Talkaround Issue

Post by KG4INW »

Have you gone into each personality, under the options tab and then checked the Talkaround box?
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

pccomms wrote:I am trying to program a conventional 1250 (S split) and have programmed the toggle talkaround button in several different locations (man down button, short press, bottom side, short press and P3, short press) None seem to work. Every time I press any button, I get the unprogrammed button tone. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

In order for any programmed button to function, the personality and zone if used, needs to have that button function made active for that personality. In your case, the talkaround needs to have the frequency programmed and the box checked.

Jim
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

pccomms wrote:I am trying to program a conventional 1250 (S split) and have programmed the toggle talkaround button in several different locations (man down button, short press, bottom side, short press and P3, short press) None seem to work. Every time I press any button, I get the unprogrammed button tone. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
In addition to the excellent points already offered, you can not toggle T/A if the unit is scanning. If everything else is correctly programmed, make sure to Toggle Scan Off before attempting to Toggle T/A on or off.

Edit to add... One other point: T/A only works in a half duplex personality (i.e. Tx on one frequency and Rx on another.) It won't do anything on a simplex channel and you'll get the unprogrammed beep.

Return to “Radio Programming”