APX4000 Analog Secure

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kbradley06
New User

APX4000 Analog Secure

Post by kbradley06 »

Hello,

I have just purchased several APX4000 radios for use with a county wide analog system. I would like to set the radios up to talk radio to radio at a scene where the communication is secure or preferably, completely unreadable where anyone with a scanner in the area wouldn't even know we were talking. I am wondering if anyone can help point me in the correct direction of the setup of this or tell me if its possible to do so. I am using CPS 14.00 and the FLASHcode on these radios is: 002060-Q01000-9. I was not the one to order these and they have been given to me to program and this seems to be an after thought.

Thank you for your help.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: APX4000 Analog Secure

Post by jmr061 »

Flashcode says you have ADP software encryption. Believe that is for P25 channels. Could set that up as long as you are licensed properly.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

You'll have to license you T/A freq's for digital use in order to use ADP.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by kbradley06 »

Thanks for your help!
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Your radios do not have P25 so you can't use ADP. Odd that it's in the flashcode though

Return to “Radio Programming”