APX7000 ABC Switch on Specific Zones

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

APX7000 ABC Switch on Specific Zones

Post by 2wayfreq »

Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to set the ABC Switch to land on specific Zones that I can select in CPS. Currently, I can only get it to select the first 3 Zones. What do you have to enable to select the ones you want? Thanks
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: APX7000 ABC Switch on Specific Zones

Post by sjxts3000 »

Short answer: Set you three desired zones to be zone 1, 2, and 3. You can "drag" and re-order them in the Zone Channel Assignment configuration.

Long Answer: You can't pick and choose which "zones" the A/B/C switch will select (unless they are the first three zones in CPS). If you set the A/B/C switch to "Zone Select", it forces you to set all positions (A, B, and C) to Zone Select and you only see the first 3 zones. If you have "Enhanced Zone Bank" enabled, you can assign a button to be the Zone Bank Up or Down. Once you go up or down in "bank", the toggle will be the next "3" zones. Example, Toggle is Zones 1, 2, and 3. If you Zone Bank Up, the toggle is Zone 4, 5, and 6. Under "Radio Ergonomics Wide" is where you configure the Zone Bank Operation and the number of "banks". Each bank is 3 zones.

The only thing I'm not clear on is that "Enhanced Zone Bank Operation for APX" is a flashcode option and I have a unit (that I just confirmed all the above with) that doesn't have that enabled in the flash, yet the CPS lets me set it to "Enhanced" and define a certain number of banks. Maybe that feature is standard now in all CPS version XX or above?
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayfreq »

Thanks sjxts3000 for the Reply :). After I explained this to our customer, they nixed the idea. I will probably have our Mot Rep pass it up the chain to see if they can add it to a future CPS and/or flash. It would be nice to select what Zone you would like. Thanks again.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

Why don't you just program the three favorite zones as the top three? Problem solved.
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayfreq »

The customer does not want that. He needs the Zones in a certain order. My Mot rep passed the change request to the Product Group. We'll see if they can add the enhancement.

Return to “Radio Programming”