HT1000 Poor Receive

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Stage 2
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT1000, HT50,MAXTRAC

HT1000 Poor Receive

Post by Stage 2 »

My friends UHF HT1000 doesn't receive as well as mine does. It does appear to transmit equally though. I don't have a service monitor, but, do have access to RSS. Is there a way to improve the receive on my friends radio with the RSS without a service monitor? There is an archive of a brand new D series HT1000 in the archive. This may be a dumb question, but, I will admit that I only have a basic understanding of programming. Thanks in advance to all who respond.
RAILROADS: AMERICA'S MOST VITAL TOOL FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION.
Bill_G

Re: HT1000 Poor Receive

Post by Bill_G »

Nope. You'll have to bench the radio to confirm the problem, and then fix it if it is broken.
Stage 2
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT1000, HT50,MAXTRAC

Post by Stage 2 »

Bummer. Thanks for the unfortunate news Bill. I was hoping that you, or, someone was going to tell me that I could try cloning my HT1000 to his as Mine is a "B" model and my buddy's is "D" model, but, I won't waste the time now.
RAILROADS: AMERICA'S MOST VITAL TOOL FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

When someone says one radio doesn't receive as well as another radio, you have to remove the subjectivity, and quantify the problem. It could be his radio is broken, or it is slightly out of spec, or it's within spec but yours is slightly better. You have to do that with a service monitor. There shouldn't be anything in the programming that would cause subtle changes in performance. They would be very clear pass/fail differences. If he hasn't benched his radio in a while, perhaps it's time for a little TLC.

Return to “Radio Programming”