MTS2000 programming questions

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sataraid1

MTS2000 programming questions

Post by sataraid1 »

I've got a "new to me" MTS2000 that I'm getting programmed with CPS. So far, so good, except for a couple of minor glitches that I hope someone can help me with.

When in Scan List Program mode, how do I actually add or delete a channel from any given list? When I activate the function on a channel that has a slaved scan list, I get the lightning bolt, and the flashing rectangle, and can scroll through the available channels, but ... then what?

When I assign the "Chan/Sub Select" function to a button ... any button ... the radio will not pass the Self Test. Even when no other buttons are programmed at all. I am using the top dial for Zone select, the two-position rotary for keypad lock, and the three position ABC switch for scan, unassigned, and Scan List Program, respectively.

I'm wondering if the two might be related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: MTS2000 programming questions

Post by sjxts3000 »

In Scan List Program mode, press the side top button to add/remove a scan list member to the list (the "Z" will appear/disappear when added/removed). Just make sure you have enough "slots" in your scan list.
As for the other issue, if there's any conflict, clearly CPS will let you know of any invalid fields. Maybe leave the rotary select to Chan/Sub Select and program (for example) the two side (smaller) buttons to zone up/down. See if that works. I guess it all depends on how often you change zones vs changing channels. If the latter, then keep the channel selector to chan/sub select.
sataraid1

Re: MTS2000 programming questions

Post by sataraid1 »

Okay, now I'm getting some traction. Thanks for the response.

I didn't realize that the blue button served that purpose without being programmed for it. Got that working as expected now.

However, still no luck on assigning channel select to any of the radio buttons, though. By now I must have tried every possible location.

I only have a few zones, but most have more than 16 channels. So I use the rotary knob to step between zones. That's working fine. What I was hoping to do was assign channel select to the blue side button, so I could just poke it, enter the channel number, and be there. I can do it through the menu system and the left/right arrows, but thought it would be nice to skip a few button presses.

I guess there must be some dependency I'm overlooking, but I do find it baffling that the CPS will easily let you program in conflicting functions that won't let the radio pass the self-test.

Return to “Radio Programming”