HT1550XLS Trunk Scanning

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

HT1550XLS Trunk Scanning

Post by SPVFD47 »

I'm looking for some help to program my HT1550 to scan some trunk systems. I'm not new to programming, but have never programmed trunked systems with the CPS. I have many radios, Jedi and Waris mainly, but never had a need to listen to anything that's trunked. I recently moved and would like to program some trunked items in my radios that are capable of it starting with the 1550. I've programmed trunked scanners before but there seems to be many more variables that go in to the radio for trunked systems. I'm only looking to receive not transmit. I have all the information from the scanner sites but I don't know how to input it in the CPS or if it's even possible to program with just the info on the scanner sites.

Any help or a point in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks.
ve3nsv

Re: HT1550XLS Trunk Scanning

Post by ve3nsv »

What trunked system? I believe the HT1550XLS only does LTR trunking.
SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Re: HT1550XLS Trunk Scanning

Post by SPVFD47 »

Anything that I can. That's what I'm beginning to find out.

Return to “Radio Programming”