can only use 1 astro system

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

can only use 1 astro system

Post by Java »

i have 3 xts5000 model 3s that have 15 zones all FPP.
there all tied to astro system 1 i tried to switch it to system 2 and it just switches back!
the only way to get to system 2 is to delete a fpp zone and add a new zone that is NOT FPP...This really makes no sense to me.
As i recall in the past we used to set up our radios to have TWO different channels/Astro IDs; one for secure use one for unsecure comms that way it was NOT a give away when going under the radar...and they were all FPP!

Any .02 is welcome as long as it pertains to my question/ programming woes!
Java
d119

Re: can only use 1 astro system

Post by d119 »

You will need to assign a personality to EACH channel that is FPP as I recall.
Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

Re: can only use 1 astro system

Post by Java »

d119 wrote:You will need to assign a personality to EACH channel that is FPP as I recall.
I am pretty sure each channel is assigned when the radio is flashed for FPP.
I normally delete most zones and leave 5 zones add more if I need another zone because reading and writing to a radio with the full max zone / channel takes too long for me. Maybe i am missing something here with assigning a channel...?
Java

Return to “Radio Programming”