JT 1000 Entering FPP Mode

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

krazybob

JT 1000 Entering FPP Mode

Post by krazybob »

I am not at home with my programming cable and cannot for the life of me remember how to enter FPP mode on the Motorola JT 1000. I seldom use it but my BK was stolen in an auto burglary. As I recall I just press and hold the blue button on the top-left side and goo straight to the password. No dice. I read the instructions here of an arrow key and 3 to enter channel mode -- never had to do that.

Can someone please help an old goat out? I love the Jedi for ease of programming but then can't remember how to enter FPP.
Bob - AF6D
147.705(-) 167.9
oldradionut

Re: JT 1000 Entering FPP Mode

Post by oldradionut »

Check the rotary switch under the channel selector. If the radio 'bonks' when you hit either arrow key, move it to the opposite position. If it comes up with a 3 choice menu, you're almost in. Hit the key under CHAN, it should prompt you for a password. Enter the password and hit blue button. A menu that says RX TX BAND should come up. Enter frequency, be sure to hit blue button to accept entry. Password can be recovered with RSS if you can't remember.

I think this one of the best radios out there for ham use. Consider cost, simplicity, and Front panel programming.
krazybob

Re: JT 1000 Entering FPP Mode

Post by krazybob »

BINGO!!! Awesome reply.
Bob - AF6D
147.705(-) 167.9

Return to “Radio Programming”