G.E. RIB Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K7GDM
New User

G.E. RIB Question

Post by K7GDM »

I'm hoping for an answer to my question. I obtained a RIB made by or for GE radios and upon opening I was surprised to find no power ports, only two DB9 ports. The model number is: 149654P2; I've searched the Internet for a manual in either hard copy or PDF to no avail.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience or information regarding use of this thing? All I can find is "for sale" ads or pictures of this RIB. I think in my searches I read that it can be used to program non-GE equipment but that remains to be seen.

As always, help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave-k7gdm
jackhackett

Re: G.E. RIB Question

Post by jackhackett »

Those were used on the Delta S, SX, and Ranger radios.
I believe the cable that connects the rib to the radio also has a connector that you plug the radio control cable onto to power the rib and radio.
K7GDM
New User

Re: G.E. RIB Question

Post by K7GDM »

Thank you for replying. The connections you mentioned make sense and I'm going to look up those radios you named. It's amazing how difficult it can be when looking for equipment that's not popular anymore.

Thx again,

Dave-k7gdm

Return to “Radio Programming”