HT750 Programming issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

HT750 Programming issue

Post by cduda »

Hello. I apologize if there is a forum with the answer I need but I could not find it.

Tonight, I read a HT750. I saved the original code plug. I edited what I needed to edit, saved the new codeplug and began to reprogram. I got the “beep beep” as programming initiated but quickly got a corrupt code plug error. I have tried several times to re write the radio with the original codeplug and get the recover or continue with or without. I tried to recover but nothing happens.

I’m afraid I bricked it but then again, is it? I’m not exactly sure what happened during re programming.

Any and all help appreciated
VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

Re: HT750 Programming issue

Post by VE3TUH »

You have corrupted the radio codeplug. Would be curious what programming hardware you were using, real rib, aftermarket cable, dos in a box, etc. It may be recoverable with depot if you have it.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: HT750 Programming issue

Post by SteveC0625 »

cduda wrote:Hello. I apologize if there is a forum with the answer I need but I could not find it.

Tonight, I read a HT750. I saved the original code plug. I edited what I needed to edit, saved the new codeplug and began to reprogram. I got the “beep beep” as programming initiated but quickly got a corrupt code plug error. I have tried several times to re write the radio with the original codeplug and get the recover or continue with or without. I tried to recover but nothing happens.

I’m afraid I bricked it but then again, is it? I’m not exactly sure what happened during re programming.

Any and all help appreciated
In the folder under Program Files where the CPS is stored, you will find a sub-folder of Samples. The are bare-bone codeplugs. Locate the one that matches your radio exactly (Model Number and Tanapa.) Load that file into the CPS, modify it a bit and then try writing it to your radio. Your old codeplug may be corrupted, but if you start fresh, you may be able to recover without using any special tools.

As the previous post poster requested, it would be helpful to know the details of your programming setup to include revision level of your CPS.

Return to “Radio Programming”