Sort available scan list channels in MOTOTRBO CPS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kj5kg

Sort available scan list channels in MOTOTRBO CPS

Post by kj5kg »

Hello gurus!

I have about two hundred available channels to add to my scan lists. In the scan list window they appear in the order that they were added. This makes it very time consuming (at least for me) to manually look through the list to find channels to add to a new scan list. Does anybody know if there is a way to sort the available channels list alphabetically?

I am using MOTOTRBO CPS Version 15.5 (Build 797)

I have tried the Googles on teh interwebz but not found a useful answer.

Thanks,
Dave
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: Sort available scan list channels in MOTOTRBO CPS

Post by com501 »

Not really. You can search the scan list available channels by the first letter of the channel name. The order you put them in the scan list itself determines in what ORDER they are scanned (top to bottom). In the left windows, type the letter or number of the channel you want to find (ei: 'W' for 'Worldwide' etc.) Sort for your letter will find the first member in the list and then any subsequent names with the same first letter. The sort will roll over to the first name again if you missed the channel you were looking for the first time.

Return to “Radio Programming”