Get rid of the PL tone, how to? gp380

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jens ledet
New User

Get rid of the PL tone, how to? gp380

Post by jens ledet »

HI
I am about to program my gp380´s with pl tones.
But when I do, I can hear the tone when I receive, how is it possible to "hide" the tone so I don't actuality hear it?

Kind regards Jens
Jim202

Re: Get rid of the PL tone, how to? gp380

Post by Jim202 »

jens ledet wrote:HI
I am about to program my gp380´s with pl tones.
But when I do, I can hear the tone when I receive, how is it possible to "hide" the tone so I don't actuality hear it?

Kind regards Jens
I have never played with one of the GP380 radios. So my comments are based on other designs by several different vendors. The other vendors do a good job of filtering out the received PL audio from the audio that goes to the speaker. If your radio is passing this PL audio, the it probably doesn't have the built in filtering to remove the sub audio tone.

One other comment is that if the PL audio level is set too high, then the tone filtering might not be able to filter it out. Normally the PL deviation is set to a low level so it can be filtered out. Being set too high will cause it to pass through, but at some subdued level.

Jim
RFguy

Re: Get rid of the PL tone, how to? gp380

Post by RFguy »

Also try another tone (if possible). Maybe a lower tone like 77 Hz, or a higher one up around 200 Hz.

Some radio models do better than others at certain frequencies.

Return to “Radio Programming”