HT1250 New to Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Fireman2240
New User

HT1250 New to Programming

Post by Fireman2240 »

Anyone able to shed some light on an issue when programming a HT1250? Model is AAH25RDH9AA6AN TANAPA PMUE1407A. I am using CPS version R06.12.09. I am also using a RIB. I was able to read the radio without issue and save the codeplug. Our volunteer department is small and wanted to program 16 UHF simplex personalities. The radio took the new personalities/simplex frequencies but the channel configuration is out of order. The radio is fine from channels 1 to 4...then the next channel is 16. After that, it proceeds to channel 5 in slot 6 and runs the channels in order to the last position...which is 16 but the display indicates 15. The selector knob is a 16 position...it has not been modified to rotate continuously.

When I read after writing to it, all channels/frequencies appear to be in order...this is in the normal view and in the spreadsheet view. Thank You for any assistance!
bstafford
New User

Re: HT1250 New to Programming

Post by bstafford »

The channels are in the correct order but did you go into the zone channel assignment screen and make sure the channel order lined up with the personality order?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Fireman2240 wrote:Anyone able to shed some light on an issue when programming a HT1250? Model is AAH25RDH9AA6AN TANAPA PMUE1407A. I am using CPS version R06.12.09. I am also using a RIB. I was able to read the radio without issue and save the codeplug. Our volunteer department is small and wanted to program 16 UHF simplex personalities. The radio took the new personalities/simplex frequencies but the channel configuration is out of order. The radio is fine from channels 1 to 4...then the next channel is 16. After that, it proceeds to channel 5 in slot 6 and runs the channels in order to the last position...which is 16 but the display indicates 15. The selector knob is a 16 position...it has not been modified to rotate continuously.

When I read after writing to it, all channels/frequencies appear to be in order...this is in the normal view and in the spreadsheet view. Thank You for any assistance!
Your personalities are probably in what you think is correct order, but it's the Zone area where you actually set all that.

All the way down on the programming tree, click on Personality Assignment to Zone. Then select your Zone (you probably only have one.) Click on the Channels tab. The far left hand column is your actual channel number sequence. Select one and then right click to see your options which are Add at End, Insert, Delete, Move, and Unhide. To fix your channel sequence, simply move each personality to its desired position. If you have a personality that doesn't show up when you write to the radio, this area is where you add the personality to the zone and then place it in proper sequence.
Fireman2240
New User

Post by Fireman2240 »

Thanks Fellas!!! That took care of the issues with the 1250's. It was exactly what you two mentioned.

I also have a few 1250 LS+ units. I am able to read with the same software. I program the same freqs and adjust the personalities as you suggested. I save the codeplug and attempt to write. The LS units are generating a pop-up window in ref to the wide band entitlement notice. Then it follows up with another pop up saying it is unable to write...see the readme file for possible issues. I have verified that all frequencies have been set to 12.5 Khz for the bandwidth. I am not interested in wideband.

Thanks again for your assistance!
Fireman2240
New User

Post by Fireman2240 »

Disregard the response with an issue regarding additional programming issues with HT1250 LS+ units. I found the solution in previous postings with the same type of problem. Thanks again for the info on the 1250's...it solved the problem!

Return to “Radio Programming”