EX600 Zone Channel Assignments

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yagermeister

EX600 Zone Channel Assignments

Post by yagermeister »

I'm having an issue with programming an EX600 VHF. I can create enough personalities, but when I create a Zone II, it will not allow me to assign more than one personality. I know it's probably something simple I'm missing but wonder if anyone could help steer me in the right direction.
Thank You
WA7IEP
WQZW304
bstafford
New User

Re: EX600 Zone Channel Assignments

Post by bstafford »

How many channels are assigned to the existing zones? You are only allowed to have a certain amount of total personalities assigned in zones, so if you have personalities repeated in multiple zones, you may not be able to assign the full amount of personalities that the radio supports as selectable channels, but they are still able to be assigned to scanlists.
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

Go to the new zone and right click in the channel list area, select "add at end" and repeat until you have the # of channels you need.
Rich
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

I have 16 channels in Zone 1. Zone 2 is the one I'm having issues with. I will try right clicking in the channel list area in Zone 2 and see if that works. I don't recall having this problem with the RSS for the MTS2000 radio. I'll let you know if I get it working.
Thank You,
Gary
WA7IEP
WQZW304
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

Should have mentioned that there is only one channel assigned to Zone 2 right now.
WA7IEP
WQZW304

Return to “Radio Programming”