Motorola newbie question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC9JBY
New User

Motorola newbie question

Post by KC9JBY »

Hi team,
Long-time lurker and experienced radio user, but I am stumped.

I purchased a "new to me" XTS5000 and CPS R20.01.00. I downloaded the code plug from the radio, and here's where things get weird. I've watched some tutorials on YouTube about programming, and some things on the software don't align with what the tutorials show. For example, when I click on a "Conventional Personality", there is no General tab, thus preventing me from making any frequency changes. I also can't delete any Personalities (the delete button is grayed out).

Is there a way to start from scratch with a blank code plug? I couldn't find anything that indicated that I could. Thanks so much for the help.

Mike
alex
Administrator

Re: Motorola newbie question

Post by alex »

My guess is you are watching video's showing the XTS3000 programming where (and my memory is foggy since it's been a while) the frequency information was set in the personality in the general tab. In the Astro25 Series (XTS5000) it is located in the Zone/Channel screen and looks more like a spreadsheet. You then assign each channel a personality (you can have many channels to a single personality) which also happens in the Zone/Channel screen.
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “Radio Programming”