Not able to read MT1000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mark steinmann

Not able to read MT1000

Post by mark steinmann »

I HAVE AN IBM THINKPAD (OLD ONE) AND RIBLESS CABLE FROM RF GUYS...... GOING TO MT1000 PROBLEM IS..I GET A SERIAL BUS COMMUNICATION ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO READ THE RADIO. I HAVE TURNED OF ALL POWER MANAGEMENT OPTIONS AND CHECKED THE COM PORTS..ALL ARE OK THE SOFTWARE IS PROB NOT ORIGINAL IT WAS PURCHASED FROM EBAY..ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

(subject edited by pj)
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

ok, try to read another radio.

then try to read that radio with another RIB-less cable

then try to read that radio with a REAL RIB-less cable.

If that cable will not read any other radios, then what you have there is crap. (and i am saying nothing of the ebay-ed software)

get real stuff, or get used to problems.

and your caps lock is stuck...that little LED costs you pennies a day to keep running all the time.

:D
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Agreed. You caps lock has to go!

How fast is your computer? The MT1000 RSS and radio requires a SLOW computer. Think 286ish.

Also, please title your subject heading more approripately. If you want people who know what your problem is, they are more likely to click on your thread, than something that says HELP HELP HELP.

I would have passed by it if it hadn't been reported.

Lab on!
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

exactly, there is no tricking anything above a 286 into programming a mt1000 or p200. and you need to call motorola and get the correct software and you will be in business. nobody here is going to help you now that you said you have pirated software.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
mike m

Post by mike m »

a 486 50 Mhz desktop works just fine on the Mt1000. I did all my 6 meter VCO mods and programming of several MT1000s on such a machine along with another 386 laptop with no problems. Its most likely that your flea bay copy is a copy of a copy of ....

Agreed you need real SW.

Mike
mark steinmann

Thanks for the info

Post by mark steinmann »

Sorry, did not mean to offend anyone.
mike m

Post by mike m »

I don't think that You offended anyone, it was a good question.

It's just that many of us who have been here for years are seeing a lot of flea bay purchases showing up in the various threads and I'm sure others have the same thoughts that we wish potential buyers could ask questions over here before getting screwed on flea bay.

Mike
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

Check your cable and the com port settings in the RSS .I think the RSS is not the problem.

Andreas

Return to “Radio Programming”