MTX 9000 Programming error

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

screa34
New User

MTX 9000 Programming error

Post by screa34 »

Hi,
The error I'm getting is:

"the model number of the radio does not match the model number to be programmed"

I can't download the codeplug from the radio because it says that my version of RSS is not new enough.

So, I can't read from the radio and I can't clone to the radio. I assume if I get a good code plug for the mod II MTX 9000 then I should be able to read that from disk and program or clone it to the radio? Even if my RSS version is older?

I really want to get this radio programmed. I've programmed several other MTX 9000, but model 1 without the LCD and I can never tell to which repeater I've tuned. That's why I'm anxious to get this radio programmed.

Any help is appreciated.
josh
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: MTX 9000 Programming error

Post by AEC »

Josh:
Can you read the radio at all, or does this come up as a failure?
What is the model # of your radio, I can probably build you a working codeplug from my factory defaults, or if possible, a working radio I have saved in my files.
You can send a flash drive to me, and I can load a few codeplugs to try yourself if you think this migh help cure your ills.
Aside from older RSS for the radio, this all I can offer you....Unless you send the radio AND a flash drive, I can program it, and save the codeplug data and ship the radio back.
Last edited by AEC on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: MTX 9000 Programming error

Post by AEC »

Josh:
Can you read the radio at all, or does this come up as a failure?
What is the model # of your radio, I can probably build you a working codeplug from my factory defaults, or if possible, a working radio I have saved in my files.
You can send a flash drive to me, amd I can load a few codeplugs to try yourself if you think this migh help cure your ills.
Aside from older RSS for the radio, this all I can offer you....Unless you send the radio AND a flash drive, I can program it, and save the codeplug data and ship the radio back.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”