MTS2000 on 900 MHz

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

MTS2000 on 900 MHz

Post by wcu02mpa »

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere on here but cannot locate. I have an MTS2000 900 mHz unit that I have recently acquired for 33cm HAM. I have moved the band edges on the CPS just fine. In fact in my area I can key up two 900 MHz repeaters just fine. Anyone in the Tampa Bay area look for my on there....AF4AY. My question is the MTS2000 just won't work simplex (VCO doesn't like that), but I heard there was some tuning that could be done. I have all of the necessary software and a service monitor, but need some direction. I just haven't spent a lot of time with this Jedi series. I will say it is a pretty amazing radio and great sensitivity and audio quality.

Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: MTS2000 on 900 MHz

Post by N4KVE »

There was a guy on this forum years ago who did this for me. Lived up in Oregon. N7MAQ was his call. Haven’t seen any posts from Jim lately, but he took care of that problem for me. OTOH, all MTX9250’s work great, & are cheap. GARY

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”