Low Power Problems with standard power GTX-900 mobiles

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

train_radio_guy

Post by train_radio_guy »

Hello again,

My next dilemma is a low power out problem with several low / standard power GTX-900 mobiles, both Privacy Plus (M11WGD4CB1_N) & LTR (M11WGD4CU1_N) versions. On many of the radios, it seems like the transmitter is dropping off at around 927.425 MHz to 927.500MHz. This is a problem since our local repeater is on 927.500 MHz, and we would like to have talk-around (on the repeater output) programmed into our radios. Without sacrificing too much TX power on the lower end (i.e. 902.500 MHz), is it possible to adjust the transmitter’s VCO to lock at higher frequencies?

We attempted cloning the code plug from a radio that works just fine at the higher frequencies, into one of the radios, which does not work at the higher frequencies. Unfortunately, this didn’t change the parameters of the target radio’s transmitter.

Has anyone run into this problem, or for that matter found a viable solution?

Thanks,

trg, 8)
train_radio_guy

Assuming Wavetar or Alex don't lock this post as well, I 'm still looking for assistance on this low power problem, for the standard power LTR GTX-900 mobiles. Anyone?
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

If you wrote it all in BLACK text so people could see all the words, you might have more luck getting an answer.

I for one can't read light yellow on top of white.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

Same here.
I can't read the "colors".
train_radio_guy

Poor Thread Readability

Sorry about the the text guys. I set up my profile on the Batboard for a black background, where the colors are much more pronounced. In doing so, I completely forgot about those who view the board with the default white background. Here's a repost of my message in plain text. Hopefully this helps a bit.

"My next dilemma is a low power out problem with several low / standard power GTX-900 mobiles, both Privacy Plus (M11WGD4CB1_N) & LTR (M11WGD4CU1_N) versions. On many of the radios, it seems like the transmitter is dropping off at around 927.425 MHz to 927.500MHz. This is a problem since our local repeater is on 927.500 MHz, and we would like to have talk-around (on the repeater output) programmed into our radios. Without sacrificing too much TX power on the lower end (i.e. 902.500 MHz), is it possible to adjust the transmitter’s VCO to lock at higher frequencies?

We attempted cloning the code plug from a radio that works just fine at the higher frequencies, into one of the radios, which does not work at the higher frequencies. Unfortunately, this didn’t change the parameters of the target radio’s transmitter.

Has anyone run into this problem, or for that matter found a viable solution? "

Thanks,

trg, 8)

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”