Code Plug Problems with High Power LTR GTX-900 Mobiles

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

train_radio_guy

Code Plug Problems with High Power LTR GTX-900 Mobiles

Post by train_radio_guy »

Hey Guys,

I've got a rather interesting problem with two High Power LTR GTX-900 mobiles (M11WRD4CU1_N). Keep in mind that we're using Version R04.00.01a RSS, with the ham mdf file, all of which is running on a 386 40 MHz PC.

The first mobile is reading out as a LTR Portable (H11WCD4CU1_N), while the second is reading out as a low/standard power LTR Mobile (M11WGD4CU1_N). How this model mismatch occurred is a mystery, since both radios were recently removed from active service (or so I'm told), & acquired from a towing company, that has since moved to a UHF radio system. I've put both units on a dummy load with a Telewave wattmeter, and at least one appears to working fine on a SMR simplex frequency, albeit at somewhat reduced power, while the other seems to be operating at portable power levels. Both units manifest some other bizarre display & function issues.

I'm would try to reprogram these for our local ham repeater, however the code plug model mismatch should probably be addressed and resolved, prior to any new information being sent to either radio, especially when considering their current state.

I'm guessing that I’ll need to find a good code plug for a High Power LTR GTX-900 mobile (M11WRD4CU1_N). That’s going to be tough, since these radios are so darn rare. Then the software will probably not allow the good code plug to be sent to either of the ‘troubled’ radios, because of the model mismatch.

Where do I start to pickup the pieces on this little mess? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

trg,
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Hmm, I moved these into the 900MHz forum, and only then realized it was a double-post. Please do not post the same thread in multiple forums. It is called spamming, and is not allowed.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”