900 Spectra fail code...

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9wys
What radios do you own?: Too many to list! :-)

900 Spectra fail code...

Post by n9wys »

I have tried to change out a command board and MLM (came as a set) in an older Spectra. The purpose is to
1) try to convert the radio to conventional for ham use
2) experimentation; that way if I kill it, I didn't turn my radio into a brick (since I still have the original boards to go back in)

All that being said, with the new command board / MLM in place, I get a FL 01/90 fail code on boot. However, I noticed a very strange happening today - after the FL 01/90, it then displays FL 49/90! The radio then reboots, and after that only displays the FL 01/90.

Anybody hear of that before?

Well, the crux of this is - how can I clear the Fail codes? The manual says it is one of three things, and I have checked the cable connections and the head connection many times over - in fact, it works when I put the old boards back in. So, if #3 is correct, the command board/MLM combo is dead?? This was supposed to be a working pull when I got it... Or is there something else that might wake this thing up?
Mark - N9WYS

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”