Band limits on 900 Maxtrac

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ayaresr

Band limits on 900 Maxtrac

Post by ayaresr »

Does anyone have the frequency limits that originally are in a 900MHz Maxtrac? I'm attempting to hex edit the mdf file of the trunking software, and I can't find the spots to edit. I found the 941 in a few places, but I am guessing that the repeater and talkaround have different limits. The range I came up with in RSS is 896-941. I can't find 896 in the mdf file at all, but I did find the 941. With that range, I am guessing I still need to hex edit to get it to take the frequencies? The RSS comes up with invalid freq, and the shift key method doesn't seem to work. Thanks, Ryan
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Re: Band limits on 900 Maxtrac

Post by Max-trac »

You are trying to change the conventional (vs trunking) limits??
RX should be 935 to 941, and TX 896 to 902, and 935 to 941 talkaround.
Those are the stock limits on conventional modes using trunked maxtrac RSS v 5.05
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

I am only interested in the conventional limits. I do not need to adjust, nor have a need to use, the trunking stuff. I am in the trunking RSS, hoping to be able to edit this without having to change out the firmware and all.
Thanks, I'll take a look for these limits when I get home.
Ryan
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

Try adding conventional modes with the trunking RSS.
Write to radio.
Then read the radio with conventional RSS.
You should see the conventional modes and be able to use the shift trick or enter them with labmax.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”