TX/RX Systems Combiners

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rancehood

TX/RX Systems Combiners

Post by Rancehood »

I have come across what I've been told is a TX/RX systems 6 channel combiner in the 930Mhz range. I picked this up at auction thinking my club would use it however there is no interest in my area so, I'd like to sell this and try to re-coop come of my money. I'm hoping someone can someone can shed some light on what this may actually be worth. Hopefully a little more then I paid for it.

Here are some pictures;

http://picasaweb.google.com/rancehood/Combiners

If you would like to PM me or post on the board I would appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Bruce1807

Re: TX/RX Systems Combiners

Post by Bruce1807 »

What you have is a hi end T-Pass combiner. Really good quality woth several thousand dollars, however how much need is there for 900 Mhz stuff these days?
Rancehood

Post by Rancehood »

Any idea what this may actually sell for? Again I'd like to at least try and recover a little bit of money. :-(

It may be that I have to find the right buyer.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

That looks to me like three sets of three freqs, for a total of nine freqs worth of combining.
Hard to tell for sure from the photos, but it looks to me like there are 18 transmitter isolators set up as "dual", nine 60 watt loads, and 9 125 watt loads.
If so, then it is nine freqs worth.
From an OLD Tx-Rx price book, each set of three channel combining was appx $5500 plus shipping.
Very nice stuff if you happend to have a 900 trunking system to set up.
Its really too bad this stuff is now going for pennies on the dollar.
If nothing else, you might find a Ham that needs parts for a 902/927 conventional repeater.
I would think that the 18 isolators, and dummy loads still have a value.
Might see if you can find interest on one of the 900 mhz Yahoo groups.
Rancehood

Post by Rancehood »

Thanks for the great info. Someone told me that the dummy loads might be worth $50. each. Thus reinforcing your thought of pennies on the dollar. ugh. :-(

I will check with the 900Mhz Group.

Thanks again.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”