another 900 antenna distributor ?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mike m

another 900 antenna distributor ?

Post by mike m »

http://www.doubleradius.com/Products/Omni_2

Anyone ever use these Tranzeo line antennas on a 900 rptr ?

After trying and giving up on Pacific Wireless and the ridiculous shipping I went a searching and found this distributor in South Carolina with a wide range of antennas.

Mike
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Re: another 900 antenna distributor ?

Post by Jim2121 »

1st time I've seen the site Mike! Several people in Scottsdale, Tempe, ect. never had any problems with Pacific Wireless? UPS right to the door.... Jim
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
mike m

Post by mike m »

JIM,

I just found that they the Tranzeo antennas are the same as the Pac wireless antennas, apparently Pac wireless buys from the same Canadian Co. who makes the antenna.

When I went to order direct from Pac wireless, the shipping charges came out to over 500 dollars for an approximate 100 dollar antenna so I scrapped that idea and found this distributor.

Mike
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

500 dollars !!!! Let me send you a PM... :o Jim
Erwin Rommel
mike m

Post by mike m »

Yes when I was filling out the Pac Wireless online order form the last step listed shipping options and it came up at just over 500 dollars for 3 day and 150 dollars for ground so I just declined the order and went searching for a different distributor and that's when I found Double Radius.

I was thinking that the shipping quote from Pac Wireless was either for an oversized truck only shipping package or they had a minimum order which I wasn't going to pay either.

In e-mail messages with DoubleRadius they told me that they could ship fed ex, UPS or US mail without a problem.

Mike
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

I don't recall what the shipping was? It was a order from several of us..Last Year. I got a base omni & mobile set-up for the 33cm band... Guys are still placing orders with them down in the valley. But I'm out of touch with them. If the shipping wasn't right they would have dumped the order also... --MIKE-- I left you a PM that might help !!!! Jim
Last edited by Jim2121 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

I had spoken to a guy at Double Radius about the Tranzeo 900 MHz omni antennas. I asked what kind of mounting hardware comes with the antennas, if any, because none of the literature specifies that. The salesman didn't know but was willing to go open one and find out. Then he realized they didn't have ANY of those antennas in stock.

If you DO receive one, let us know if U-bolts are part of the hardware.

Several companies sell the Tranzeo antennas, but only Double Radius seemed to handle the 900 MHz omnis.

Bob M.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jim2121 »

Mike, let me know how things go with that person...I think he can get you 900mhz. antenna's. In regards to the PM I sent a few days ago...Jim
Erwin Rommel

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”