EP450 portable

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9wys
What radios do you own?: Too many to list! :-)

EP450 portable

Post by n9wys »

I was given one of these rigs. I realize it is not type accepted by the FCC for use in the US, but I plan on using it (if possible) in the 70cm Amateur Band, so type acceptance is not an issue for me.

I was told by another that this radio is "equivalent to the CP200 or so". Can anyone be specific? Also, if this is the case, can it be programmed with the CP200 CPS?

The guy who gave it to me got it from his company... they obtained them from one of their branch operations in Central American that was shut down. The original plan was to use them in the local plant, until they found out they were not type accepted. So they went into the dumpster. Not sure how many he has access to - he only gave me one (for now).

Thanks!
Mark - N9WYS
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Re: EP450 portable

Post by Jim2121 »

n9wys wrote:I was given one of these rigs. I realize it is not type accepted by the FCC for use in the US, but I plan on using it (if possible) in the 70cm Amateur Band, so type acceptance is not an issue for me.

I was told by another that this radio is "equivalent to the CP200 or so". Can anyone be specific? Also, if this is the case, can it be programmed with the CP200 CPS?

The guy who gave it to me got it from his company... they obtained them from one of their branch operations in Central American that was shut down. The original plan was to use them in the local plant, until they found out they were not type accepted. So they went into the dumpster. Not sure how many he has access to - he only gave me one (for now).

Thanks!
you may want to re-post this in the "General Motorola Radio Discussion" Since you want to work 70cm. you would get more exposure there than here in the Converting to 900Mhz forum.
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
n9wys
What radios do you own?: Too many to list! :-)

Re: EP450 portable

Post by n9wys »

DUH!!! :oops:
Thanks...
Mark - N9WYS

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”