MOTOTRBO 2.1 new features

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

MOTOTRBO 2.1 new features

Post by RFguy »

Looks like some new goodies for MOTOTRBO 2.1 coming down the line.

Here are the ones that caught my eye:
Dual Capacity Direct Mode (6.25e) – two simultaneous Direct Mode talk paths on one 12.5 kHz wide channel
Over the Air Programming (OTAP) – Read and Write virtually all CPS programmable parameters on Enhanced Tier Radios over the air

Auto-Range Transponder System (ARTS) - Analog only feature that inform users whether their radios are in or out of range from contact with another ARTS-enabled radios (Doesn't Vertex have this?)
marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

Re: MOTOTRBO 2.1 new features

Post by marcosorourke »

I can see some specific applications for a couple of these features in our system. AND THE OVER THE AIR PROGRAMMING!!!
RADIO
New User

Post by RADIO »

RFguy wrote:Looks like some new goodies for MOTOTRBO 2.1 coming down the line.

Auto-Range Transponder System (ARTS) - Analog only feature that inform users whether their radios are in or out of range from contact with another ARTS-enabled radios (Doesn't Vertex have this?)
I dont know about the vertex commercial equipment but i know that my FT-8900 and FT-60 both have it.
I HAVE NOT FAILED I HAVE FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT DO NOT WORK
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

RFguy wrote:.....Dual Capacity Direct Mode (6.25e) – two simultaneous Direct Mode talk paths on one 12.5 kHz wide channel.....
That feature alone might make it worthwhile to upgrade t0 2.1 for many end users!
marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

Post by marcosorourke »

One that wasn't mentioned was basically a T9 text input. This makes text messaging on the radios SO MUCH better! I've played with the new 6.25e channel options and when using the 1st time slot it is not compatible with the "old" 12.5 simplex channel.
borisf

Post by borisf »

Plus you have to assign a master radio that dispatches the timeslots, which effectively limits range when used in a portable-only environment.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

borisf wrote:Plus you have to assign a master radio that dispatches the timeslots, which effectively limits range when used in a portable-only environment.
Are you trying to indicate that all radios must be within range of the "master" radio and therefore limits range of all radios to that of the master radio? If so, that's not correct.

You can assign a preferred radio (or radios) to be tried first when electing a Channel Timing Leader (CTL). If that radio is not available, another radio will be elected as the CTL. The timing is then shared amongst all the radios, passed on from radio to radio so to eventually reach all radios that are in range of another radio. Therefore, not all radios need to be in range of the timing leader.
RRSM
New User

Post by RRSM »

RFguy wrote: Dual Capacity Direct Mode (6.25e) – two simultaneous Direct Mode talk paths on one 12.5 kHz wide channel
Over the Air Programming (OTAP) – Read and Write virtually all CPS programmable parameters on Enhanced Tier Radios over the air
...What exactly is an "Enhanched tier radio" in MotoTrbo?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

RRSM wrote: ...What exactly is an "Enhanched tier radio" in MotoTrbo?
Enhanced tier of MOTOTRBO radios: XPR5350, XPR5550, XPR7350, XPR7550, SL7550 and XPR3300, XPR3500
RRSM
New User

Post by RRSM »

Oh ok, thank you

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”