XPR 7550 FPP

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASWEEZY1
New User

XPR 7550 FPP

Post by ASWEEZY1 »

Has anyone been able to utilize the FPP features of a 7550?

I enabled the dealer level password and go to program radio however only able to edit admit criteria and time out timer.........
TreyH

Re: XPR 7550 FPP

Post by TreyH »

My understanding is there are only a few settings that can be changed using FPP and frequency is not one of them for the 7550. I purchased a 7550 a while back to try out and so far have the same results as you concerning FPP. I've read that there is an option board for the 6550's that will allow FPP up to 16 channels but I've yet to try one out.
ASWEEZY1
New User

Post by ASWEEZY1 »

TreyH wrote:My understanding is there are only a few settings that can be changed using FPP and frequency is not one of them for the 7550. I purchased a 7550 a while back to try out and so far have the same results as you concerning FPP. I've read that there is an option board for the 6550's that will allow FPP up to 16 channels but I've yet to try one out.
Hmm my understanding was that you could edit frequencies and tones much like the HT1550 with the "red" battery. I guess I will keep trying. I checked MOL for a service brief on this issue with no luck.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No, that won't happen out of the box. no FPP on that radio in North America. EMEA equiavlent radios have FPP though. I don't think there is FPP on the option board for the 7550 yet like there is for the 6550 but I could be wrong
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

The FPP on the newer MotoTrbo radios is called "dealer mode" for this reason. For those shops that manage a rental fleet, or lease time on their repeaters. They can preprogram radios on their licensed frequencies and just have the salesmen or whatever edit the color codes to demonstrate how it works to a potential customer. Beyond that, it's really not helpful for our wants/needs.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
borisf

Post by borisf »

Simply setting the FPP mode to "dealer" in the CPS does not work for the EMEA ones either. You can still only edit names, admit criteria and TOT per channel.

Is there some special accessory or battery that has to be present or maybe a key combination that has to be entered in addition to the programming password in order to enable editing of frequency and PL?
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

borisf wrote:Simply setting the FPP mode to "dealer" in the CPS does not work for the EMEA ones either. You can still only edit names, admit criteria and TOT per channel.

Is there some special accessory or battery that has to be present or maybe a key combination that has to be entered in addition to the programming password in order to enable editing of frequency and PL?
There is no way to edit frequency other than CPS, that is why you have to PRE-program.
borisf

Post by borisf »

resqguy911 wrote:There is no way to edit frequency other than CPS, that is why you have to PRE-program.
So the help file for the current CPS ist just plain wrong?
CPS 8.0.410 help file wrote:Mode (Front Panel Programming)
Configures the level of access for the Front Panel Programming (FPP) operation. The FPP feature lets the user change certain codeplug settings directly from the radio when not having a CPS, e.g. when the user is on the field.

Options
Disabled The FPP feature is disabled.
User The user can access codeplug parameters categorized as "Unprotected" like tone settings.
Dealer The user can access codeplug parameters categorized as “Unprotected" like tone settings as well as "Protected" like frequencies.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

It wouldn't be the first time.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

borisf wrote:Simply setting the FPP mode to "dealer" in the CPS does not work for the EMEA ones either. You can still only edit names, admit criteria and TOT per channel.

Odd. The "engineers" replied to my case stating those were the only radios that supported FPP, and that's why the CPS help file made reference to the functions that nobody in the US or Canada can make use of. Maybe they got lost in translation when talking to the guys in China?
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

"FPP" as a term just means that something(s) can be edited from the front panel. On an APX it means one thing and on a 7550 it means something considerably more limited. Even an old standard Saber has what you might call FPP. Motorola would do well to start modifying the term when they use it, such as, "Full FPP," like on an APX (which in fact it's not), or perhaps "Limited FPP," as is now available on a 7550. We all know what we would like FPP to mean, but the fact is that the term by itself is confusing.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

FPP is a no-no under ETSI EN 300 113-1 just as it is under FCC rules, so EMEA kit can't have FPP.

Asia and Latin America also have their own products (the XiR and DGM model numbers), so full FPP might be enabled in one or both of those markets?
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Sigh.

I guess I will just have to wait until Wouxun or Baofeng offer a DMR radio so I can do FPP from that..............

:lol:

Oh, it will only cost $100 or less on Ebay!

Dave
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

Well Dave you may not have to wait too long for a Chinese DMR ....

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN ... radio.html

Marshall
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

A Chinese DMR radio manufacturer already exists: It's called Hytera.

No FPP there either though, as far as I know.
gopher

Post by gopher »

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”