MotoTRBO USB issue and fix

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wavetar
Administrator

MotoTRBO USB issue and fix

Post by wavetar »

An FYI in case others run across this issue.

I had one of the USB ports on my laptop that could read portables fine, but it would not read a mobile or repeater, even though it would sound the proper tone and create a network connection when you plugged it in. All the other ports were fine. It’s been like this for a few months, I just never looked at why.

It turned out to be a corrupted driver issue. Portables plugged into that port showed up as “MOTOTRBO Radio #6”, but both mobiles & repeaters showed up as “MOTOTRBO Radio #4”. In device manager, if you go to “view” and click on “hidden devices”, you should be able to see all your various MotoTRBO connections that exist under “Network Adaptors”, and each one should have several entries. I didn’t see “MOTOTRBO Radio #4” at all unless a radio was plugged in…and even then it only showed a single entry with no description next to it.

I had to right-click that entry & choose to ‘uninstall driver’. After a minute it said it was uninstalled, and I then had to unplug & re-plug the radio back into the port. It went through the 'new hardware found' process & once that was done, I could read mobiles & repeaters through that port again.

Hopefully this helps someone with similar issues.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Re: MotoTRBO USB issue and fix

Post by KitN1MCC »

yeah same thing happened to me the other day as well.
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

It's the XPR8400's that I have trouble with. I've got three older laptops we use only for radio programming and they do fine for XPR mobiles and portables. They never will read a XPR8400 repeater. If I know I'm programming one of those I have to take the newer laptop. Two of our sites are rather interesting to get to and I hate taking my new laptop. :(
Good info wavetar - thanks.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

i have found that if you shut off the network connection that helps alot as well

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”