TRBO Dispatching Software thaat does not cost alot

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

TRBO Dispatching Software thaat does not cost alot

Post by KitN1MCC »

I figured i would go and purchase TRBOnet. i sent and E-mail and got a price back and nearly had an heart attack

is there ant Voice Dispatching software that does not coast as much as a new new car .,
RFguy

Re: TRBO Dispatching Software thaat does not cost alot

Post by RFguy »

What do you mean by "Voice dispatching" software?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Most of the solutions require some hardware and software, and at least a couple kilobucks. You can easily drop $10K, and still only have a bare bones system. The cheapest I've seen so far is using a JPS-Raytheon NXU2A (hardware roip box) with the PC-NXU client. The NXU2A costs around $600. You'll have to roll your own interface cable for a Trbo radio. And you'll need connectivity (that will cost whatever it costs). PC-NXU is free after you register at the JPS Raytheon site and request it. It's pretty basic - push to talk, let go to listen. Only one occurrence on a Windows desktop at a time. No ability to change channels on the radio. But, it works just fine.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

TurboVUi is relatively inexpensive as well if you only need to control a single base station...it's around $1K for their gateway and 'Solo' software, which gives you a virtual control head on your computer, and allows for channel changing, etc. It also works for analog channels, if you have them in the connected base station.

http://www.ctiproducts.com/DocumentDown ... 110219.pdf
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

i was looking at the cti unit but then i still need a base. i am looking for direct connection to the repeater. the repeater is located at a friend/customer shop thats up on a hill. i have a dell desktop running there connected to the rpt running trbonet locally with no internet connection. i just been resetting the date on the machine to keep the dispatch console running local so it acts like the base. i want to add remote dispatcher but trbo net is way too much.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

KitN1MCC wrote:i am looking for direct connection to the repeater.
Ah, well that is a different story entirely then...I'm not aware of any other direct repeater dispatch package. I thought neoConneX from NeoTerra did it, but in checking it out I seem to be mistaken (you would still have sticker shock with them too anyway, trust me). We have several TRBOnet deployments...it's a great package and well worth the price if you're a business...not so much for a hobbyist. As a dealer, we were able to order up a couple of demo kits at a fantastic price, which included the server. It never expires, and can be configured for either base stations or repeater connection, but you can only have 5 subscribers in the database.

You may have to look at TurboVUi with a base...still quite a bit less than the TRBOnet.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

i may go the Turbovui route and put the base station across town
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

Another option -- although they do not direct connect to the Repeater yet either --

Telex Bosch -- IP-224 Adapter
MTRBI Radio Interface with Cables
CSoft - 2 Line PC Console Software.

Retail List pricing -- $6,353.00 ---

http://www.telex.com/us/dispatch/product/MTRBi/1092
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”