Linked capacity Plus

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

Linked capacity Plus

Post by johnny1225 »

Is there a cheaper way to link to sites together than linked capacity plus. The customer is using XPR8400 repeater with capacity plus and about 5 talkgroups. Is there a cheaper way to link two location together without the high expesnse of linked capacity plus???

Regards,

John
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Re: Linked capacity Plus

Post by MSS-Dave »

I am doing Capacity Plus and IP Site connect together just for this reason. I only needed 2-3 T/G at a remote site so I took 1 repeater from the main site and provisioned it as IPSC and bought another repeater for the remote site and provisioned it the same way. IPSC is free in the repeaters, just requires a static IP ( well, that is what I have in a private Fiber network..). Only issue I see is loss of capacity on the existing Cap Plus if you have a bunch of radios now and needing to reprogram your subscribers to add a IPSC system.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

johnny1225 wrote:Is there a cheaper way to link to sites together than linked capacity plus. The customer is using XPR8400 repeater with capacity plus and about 5 talkgroups. Is there a cheaper way to link two location together without the high expesnse of linked capacity plus???

Regards,

John
In short, no, not in a trunking mode. Customers are never happy. In the SmartNet days, it would've cost a mint both upfront, and re-occurring monthly, to connect Motorola trunking sites together, with a ton of extra hardware needed and dedicated leased lines or T1, etc. Now it's simply the cost of a software option, some routers and a decent internet connection.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
cbus

Post by cbus »

just look up "HYTERA pseudo trunking", rips apart the current TRBO offering!!!!!
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

cbus wrote:just look up "HYTERA pseudo trunking", rips apart the current TRBO offering!!!!!
What if I have a site capacity that requires 3 talkpaths or more for voice and data?
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

The hytera stuff is ok. The psuedo trunk will only work between two sites or one IPSC connection, from what I recall.

BTW The hytera repeater is built 100 times better than the XPR's. Take one apart and you will see all the shielding (metal) and what appears to be acutally real radio components, just a step above two mobiles in a box.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”