IP Site Connect with phone interconnect

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RF_Burns

IP Site Connect with phone interconnect

Post by RF_Burns »

I have an XPR8300 with a digital phone interconnect license allowing incoming and outgoing calls on one time slot. We want to add a second XPR8400 repeater in an underground area where signal is poor and IP-site connect them.
Question is, will the phone interconnect work across to the remote site? Do I need a license for the second repeater?

I called Motorola and got a definite maybe out of them.

Anyone done this?

Thanks
RFguy

Re: IP Site Connect with phone interconnect

Post by RFguy »

From the MOTOTRBO system planner:
This feature is supported in Single Site, IPSC LACs, IPSC WACs, and Capacity Plus configurations.

In IP Site Connect (IPSC), wide area channels include channels from multiple repeaters. However,
since a WAC can host only one call at a time, it is designed that a WAC can support only one APP
box that can be connected to any repeater on the WAC. The phone patch call can be initiated from
any site, but it always goes through the only APP box supported on the WAC.

As for the DTP second licence in the second repeater.......??????
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Yes it can be done

Just keep in mind the phone conversation will tie up the TS on both repeaters
RF_Burns

Post by RF_Burns »

Thanks for that quick reply RFguy.

Product support wasn't sure about the feature licence for the second repeater. Maybe I'll order it without first and try it!

escomm, Thanks for that info. The phone interconnect is rarely used in this application.
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

Just saw this posting --

It's my understanding that you only need the EID on the repeater you are connecting to Telephone gateway (J7 on the MTRs). At least that's the way we have the MTR-3000s in a CAP+ system setup. An I don't see why IP Site Connect would be different.

We have a modified Asterisk server handling the interface, and it is working very well so far, what solution did you choose.
_____

RF_Burns wrote:Thanks for that quick reply RFguy.

Product support wasn't sure about the feature licence for the second repeater. Maybe I'll order it without first and try it!

escomm, Thanks for that info. The phone interconnect is rarely used in this application.
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.
RF_Burns

Post by RF_Burns »

We transferred the existing phone interconnect from the old analog repeater to the Trbo when the phone interconnect feature became available. It was a Connect Systems I believe.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”