XPR 6550 has steady warning tone when transmitting on digital channel

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

XPR 6550 has steady warning tone when transmitting on digital channel

Post by n6fnp »

First off, I'm new to working with MotoTRBO DMR radios. I have a UHF XPR 6550 that I programmed simplex analog and digital channels. The analog channel works fine, but when on the digital channel, the radio puts out a steady warning tone while the PTT button is pressed. I checked online and saw reference to analog only versions of this radio, but would have expected that if this was the case, it wouldn't allow programming of digital channels at all in the software.

If anyone can let me know what the situation is, it would be great!
TreyH

Re: XPR 6550 has steady warning tone when transmitting on digital channel

Post by TreyH »

Check the 'Admit Criteria' and 'In Call Criteria' and set them both to 'Always' (You will need to be in 'View-->Expert' mode). Also make sure your 'Contact Name' is populated with a Digital Contact that you created (Group Id).
n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

Post by n6fnp »

Trey - thanks for the info! I did have the Admit Criteria set to Always, but didn't have the Contact Name. I populated the Contact Name and can now transmit without the warning tone. I have the XPR6550 and an XPR3500 and set up simplex digital channels on both radios. Regardless of which radio
I transmit from, I don't hear any audio on the other radio. The work fine on the same frequency in analog mode. I checked all of the parameters for
the digital channels and everything matches. Is there anything specific that I should check?
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Make sure each radio doesn't have the same radio ID. This has bitten me before.
n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

Post by n6fnp »

I got it working! I had to set the Digital Contact to "All Call". Thanks for the help!

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”