XPR4550 deskset

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

XPR4550 deskset

Post by tdats »

I have a XPR4550 in our office on a Connect + digital system. We would like to add a deskset to it at one of the other desks in the office. Any suggestions for what works well? It does not need to be a Motorola solution, if someone knows of something else that works well. I do not need channel steering or anything like that. Wire run might be 50 feet if that.
ve3nsv

Re: XPR4550 deskset

Post by ve3nsv »

I think any local or tone remote solution should work fine. All accessory pin programming will have to be done through the option board. I don't think you can do COR on receive in Conn + so you'll have to do vox on receive.
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

I tried to do a local remote on a XPR5550 with connect plus. Could not get the EXT PTT to work off of the accessory connector. If the radio was switched to a conventional zone it worked. Seems like the option board doesn't recognize EXT PTT. I gave up. I would investigate this on the 4550 before anything else.
Lots and lots of watts...
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

The Connect Plus CPS has options for the accessory connector and Ext PTT is listed. Map the function to the appropriate pin.
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

Correct. Connect Plus CPS has six GP inputs. Tried all six as Ext PTT and pin 17 would not key radio. Unless inputs map to different pins???
Lots and lots of watts...

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”