XPR7350 CPS Can't Read

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

XPR7350 CPS Can't Read

Post by W3AXL »

Hi all,

I'm beginning to think there's a reason that this 7350 was so cheap.

I've got a legit cable and CPS 14. The radio installs to Windows fine, shows up properly as a network device, and I can ping the radio just fine on 192.168.10.1.

CPS will pause for a bit when Read is clicked. Normally if a radio isn't connected it will come up immediately with an error. After about ten seconds or so, Error 1687 pops up which is the standard "no device found"

I'm assuming that CPS sees the radio and is having trouble communicating with it. The radio otherwise seems to work fine. Boots up normally, and I can put it in to flashzap mode fine as well.

Hoping that this is salvageable. I'm only $70 in the hole, so if it needs a trip to depot it'll just get tossed. Not really worth the effort.

TRBO stuff is out of my comfort zone. APX and Astros give me far less grief it seems. Everything just works over there. TRBO seems to give me nothing but problems every time I try and get something working.
W3AXL

Re: XPR7350 CPS Can't Read

Post by W3AXL »

Interesting. It appears to be a computer issue. My main desktop doesn't seem to want to talk to the radio, but my old laptop read and wrote it just fine.

The laptop has 13.5. I'm wondering if it might be a version issue of some kind.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

What version of Windows? I had this problem begin recently, still have not found a solution but began using a different computer with no problems.
W3AXL

Post by W3AXL »

Both computers are on the latest Win10 build.

Even more developments this morning. I updated the laptop to CPS 14 and it still reads and writes fine. I also opened the codeplug on my desktop, and when I tried to save it CPS gave me an error 1839: "one or more components required by the software is missing." Obviously that means something is wrong with the CPS installation on my desktop. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, but that error message is persisting. I tried installing CPS 13.5 again and it still gave me that same message. So, I think somehow my desktop computer has been corrupted to the point where it's not possible to install TRBO CPS properly.

I feel like there's probably some files that either got deleted accidentally or a directory somewhere got corrupted and now the installer can't install all its files even though it shows no errors. It might be time to open a support case with Moto. I'm not sure how much troubleshooting you can give me on this issue.
n1gtl
What radios do you own?: XPR5550, XPR7550e

Post by n1gtl »

There is a separate download on MOL that has USB drivers. May or may not help.
W3AXL

Post by W3AXL »

It's not a driver issue. The radio shows up fine. It's some strange issue with the installation of CPS specific to my computer that's making the install not work properly. That or there's some windows component I don't have installed. Either way the installer should be making it work but it's not for whatever reason.
jry

Post by jry »

sounds like firmware level ...you may have a D version ....look in service mode or the radio info to see what you have.
you may have to use Depot to force a regular version ..that may be interesting to say the least given the versions we have available.
jry

Post by jry »

sounds like firmware level ...you may have a D version ....look in service mode or the radio info to see what you have.
you may have to use Depot to force a regular version ..that may be interesting to say the least given the versions we have available.
W3AXL

Post by W3AXL »

No it's got normal firmware according to CPS. Anyway it's not the radio that's the issue anymore. I've got to figure out why I can't install CPS properly on my desktop computer.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”