Trying to manually program XPR6350 T band to XPR6350 Q band radio with same data. Receives signal but no audio.....

Moderator: Queue Moderator

New User

Trying to manually program XPR6350 T band to XPR6350 Q band radio with same data. Receives signal but no audio.....

Post by 001 »

I am trying to program several XPR6350 AAH55QDC9LA1AN radios with the same freqs and settings from a XPR6350 AAH55TDC9LA1AN.

Running MotoTRBO CPS 10.7 (Build 580) (Latest I can use due to WinXP)

With both T band XPR6350 and Q band XPR6350 codeplugs pulled up on dual monitor separate screens, I manually programmed the Q split codeplug to match all the settings from the T band master code plug. I went menu by menu to make sure all the settings, freqs etc match. After I write the Q band radios and test the led is blinking on both TX and RX but no audio is being decoded on either radio. The T band will talk and receive to other T band units and the Q band will talk and receive to the other Q band units so I know the radios are not defective. Whenever I trying to talk Q split to the T split split radio on any talkaround channel they both having flashing green LED on receive but no audio is being decoded. I am not near the the repeater to test the repeater channels but since this is occuring on the simplex channels I would imagine the same results on repeater channels. I triple checked all freqs, color codes, time slots etc and they all match, but still no audio ....All of the channels are digital channels.

If it helps the XPR6350 AAH55TDC9LA1AN (master code plug) is running firmware R01.08.20. The XPR6350 AAH55QDC9LA1AN that I am trying to manually program to match are running firmware R01.11.02.

I can upload both codeplugs if someone would prefer to check them out to see whats could be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: Trying to manually program XPR6350 T band to XPR6350 Q band radio with same data. Receives signal but no audio.....

Post by N4KVE »

Do both radios have the same ID number? GARY
New User

Re: Trying to manually program XPR6350 T band to XPR6350 Q band radio with same data. Receives signal but no audio.....

Post by 001 »

No different radio ID's on all radios. I even printed out a detailed CPS report on both code plugs and even on paper side by side all settings, freqs etc are the same other than the radio Id's. All of the XPR6350 T radios will RX and TX fine with each other and the XPR6350 Q radios will RX and TX fine with each other I just cant get them to decode audio to each other on both TX and RX. The status led is flashing so I know its pickup up the signal fine just not audio on TX or RX.....
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

Do the radio have the same talkgroup ID? No typos in talkgroup ID/number? TX Contact correct? FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”