MDC Issues in an XPR4550

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lomfs24
New User
What radios do you own?: Kenwoods, Motorolas, Icoms

MDC Issues in an XPR4550

Post by lomfs24 »

Good morning everyone. It's been a hot minute since I have been on batlabs. I was surprised my account still worked. I recently bought an XPR4550 and I am trying to make it do some MDC stuff that I can do on other radios. Right now I am trying to figure out the "Radio Check" function. I checked the box in the "Menu" section under "Utilities" that says "Radio Check". So I thought I could get to the radio check function under the menu on the radio, NOPE! So I programmed a front button to perform the task. When I press that button the radio screen says "Empty List" and goes back to the normal screen.

Now I have a whole list of MDC contacts in the radio in my MDC contacts section. In the menu area I can go to contacts and see my whole list. However, from there I can only send a call alert or see the ID number associated with that contact. No other functions are available.

The information on the radio is listed below and the version of CPS that I am using is 15.5. Any suggestions on what I might have missed in programming to not allow this function?

THIS IS INFORMATION ON THE RADIO:
Model XPR4550 M27JQH9LA1AN
Firmware. R01.11.20
CPS version. 12.03.00
lomfs24
New User
What radios do you own?: Kenwoods, Motorolas, Icoms

Re: MDC Issues in an XPR4550

Post by lomfs24 »

In doing more research on this topic and having a discussion with a gentleman on Facebook last night. It appears that Motorola has taken a lot of functionality out of the MDC portion of the XPR's and moved it into the DMR portion. Am I wrong in believing that?

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”