number of unique slots

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

number of unique slots

Post by KitN1MCC »

i know with trbo you can due 2 time slots at one time. but how many different slots can be programmed into the repeater

example

you have group

a b c d but i know only a and c could talk at once and b and d could not or can you only have 2 unique
wavetar
Administrator

Re: number of unique slots

Post by wavetar »

Do not confuse 'time slots' with 'talkgroups'. The repeater can handle 2 physical conversations at once. The radios themselves can be programmed with many hundreds of talkgroups...each one defined to use Slot 1 or 2, which ever you set them for.

Example:

Code: Select all

Talkgroup                 Defined slot to use
          10                                   1
          20                                   1
          30                                   1
          40                                   2
          50                                   2
          60                                   2  
If group '10' is taking on 'Slot 1', then no other talkgroup set to use 'Slot 1' can use the repeater...in this example talkgroups 20 & 30. Slot 2 is still available for talkgroups 40, 50 & 60. When one of them talks, the other 2 cannot.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

excellent thats what i need to know. i am going to set up a single site and it should cover the area the 4 user i have
2 of them are landscapers and plowers and dont use it much until plow time
then me and a few friends (less usage)
and the electrician who only uses it as needed in the am and pm
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

You can also add the "Capacity Plus" option to the repeater (about $1000) and it turns the repeater into a 2-timeslot trunking repeater. That way the mobiles/portables will use whatever time slot is free.

Normally, if you have 2 talk groups assigned to timeslot A and 2 talk groups assigned to timeslot B, if time slot A is busy and the other user assigned to timeslot A tries to talk, they get a busy, even though timeslot B is sitting there not being used.

With capacity plus, if timeslot A is busy, a user on another talkgroup will automatically be assigned to the free timeslot.
KitN1MCC

Post by KitN1MCC »

thanks for the update

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”