Data over TRBO

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wavetar
Administrator

Data over TRBO

Post by wavetar »

Does anybody out there have working systems in place where they are running some sort of 'external' data over TRBO? I'm talking over & above the standard GPS/Text/Telemetry that everyone is doing. So it could be like credit card data, or perhaps real-time serial based engine monitoring data, or similar? We have a potential client with a currently vaguely defined need for 'data over TRBO'. I've asked for clarification of exactly what they want to pass as data, but thought I'd ask in the meantime. Thanks,

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Bill_G

Re: Data over TRBO

Post by Bill_G »

I'm waiting for that feature myself for machine to machine communications. It has not arrived yet as far as I know.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Data over TRBO

Post by wavetar »

Bill_G wrote:I'm waiting for that feature myself for machine to machine communications. It has not arrived yet as far as I know.
It's a current possibility, as the MotoTRBO Application Development Kit Overview talks about it in section 2.9, Data Services, saying the radios can be used as a UDP/IP 'pipe' for the transfer of data between multiple IP enabled devices. It says to see the MotoTRBO Data Services Overview for further detail...which I haven't tried to find yet, but will begin to do so. I was hoping someone else was already doing this, avoiding the need to re-invent the wheel so to speak.

This 3rd party TRBO product has 2 serial ports for things such as MDT's and RFID scanners, so it may do what my customer needs...once they clarify what those needs are!

http://www.tallysman.com/cms/wp-content ... sheet2.pdf
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”