P25 Phase1 and Turbo on same device?

Have a question or information regarding interfacing or interoperating Motorola digital radios with models from other manufacturers? Here's the place to do so.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

snubber

P25 Phase1 and Turbo on same device?

Post by snubber »

Does anyone know of a device that tx/rx on turbo and receive P25 phase 1? Is this something that may be possible in the next couple of years?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: P25 Phase1 and Turbo on same device?

Post by escomm »

No

Not from Motorola. Maybe from Harris. hehe
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

Never gonna happen. 2 Totally different formats. Kinda same as P25 and NEXEDGE.
KB2ZTX
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

There is a thread here: https://www.p25.ca/threads/1974-Heard-a ... nfirmation that explores a range of opinions on this topic ...
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

jsikora wrote:Never gonna happen. 2 Totally different formats. Kinda same as P25 and NEXEDGE.
I wouldn't say never. The beauty of DSP-based radios... it's just a matter of writing the code. Did you know you can reflash an NX-700 to P25? Not simultaneous, but it's just different bits.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

True. But no manufacturer is going to market a radio that can do both. Its bad enough sales folks all over are selling public safety turbo stuff.
KB2ZTX
xmo

Post by xmo »

Not quite there yet - but close:

http://www.uni.com.tw/U32wayradio.html
cdknapp
New User
What radios do you own?: Unication G1, Connect Systems

Post by cdknapp »

xmo wrote:Not quite there yet - but close:

http://www.uni.com.tw/U32wayradio.html
I am getting 2 UHF U3s tomorrow as test units. Unication is a great company that actually seeks input from end users and listens to us.
They are working on a bunch of 'never before' products, such as this and the G3 Voice pager [that will be P25 compatible] (it's in the works, with no time frame as of now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more by the end of the year on this).

They do all of their own R & D and manufacturing, and as I continue to learn almost daily, are continuing to come up with new stuff. NOTHING will surprise me with what they are coming up with next.

There are doubters about Unication (as with everything); everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I myself am watching this company very closely. EVERYTHING that I have experienced with them; their products, service, and mostly their interest in the end user's demands/requirements is like something that I have never experienced with ANY other company, let lone a manufacturer.

If anyone is interested, I will post whatever I learn about the Unication products as they announce and roll things out. All somebody has to do is give me the word!
Dave Knapp

An undependable radio is worse than no radio at all..... a false sense of security
WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

Post by WCHija »

So, how are those U3 radios working out?
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!
cdknapp
New User
What radios do you own?: Unication G1, Connect Systems

Post by cdknapp »

WOW, they are some really neat units! P25 programming is a huge learning curve above and way beyond analog, so it is quite the learning process (besides a new programming format). The P25 audio clarity is is superior. A really great capability with the U3s is the ability to utilize them as repeaters (every radio is capable of this). While a 4 watt repeater isn't the most powerful thing in the world, it is going to serve very well for those places where there are issues in getting a signal to a repeater from inside (interior) situations. Set one of these up outside in repeater mode, and it will serve to give you a very good shot at hitting a repeater. Very solid build that should take a decent beating and keep on going. These units are still presently a work in process, but I see a very bright future for them. I will re-post here as I get further into these units, but so far, so good!
Dave Knapp

An undependable radio is worse than no radio at all..... a false sense of security
WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

Post by WCHija »

Good to hear.
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!

Return to “Motorola Digital Radio Compatability”