Multiple Astro W7 consolette fail codes

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxjam

Multiple Astro W7 consolette fail codes

Post by maxjam »

I have a vhf astro w7 consolette that until yesterday has been a champ. It suddenly blanked the display and then I got Fl 01/90. Power cycled it and it ran fine until a couple of hours later it reset and I then had a Fl01/82. Power cycled it and then had a Fail 002. I put the radio and consolette board on a seperate power supply and then it came up and ran. Power cycled it to test later and then had Fl 01/82. I do have a saved code plug that I can dump back in, however with this many error codes I am thinking that they MLM just might be flaky. I did pull it apart and checked/verified the connections are good on the radio and power.

Ideas?

Thanks
maxjam

Re: Multiple Astro W7 consolette fail codes

Post by maxjam »

Reprogrammed it and while some channels work, others give a Fail 002 and have random characters on the display. Does somebody have the experience to repair this that would be willing? Drop me a PM.

Thanks

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”