XTS5000 "External Mic Only" Option in Astro25 CPS?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

themedic66

XTS5000 "External Mic Only" Option in Astro25 CPS?

Post by themedic66 »

Hello all,

As we know, it is standard that when you have a speaker mic connected to a radio, you must use the PTT on the spkr/mic to speak through it; otherwise if you use the PTT on the radio, the radio's mic will be used.

There is an option that allows the mic on the speaker mic to be used by either pressing the mic's PTT or the radio's PTT called "External Mic Only". This option is in the XTS3000 and Astro Saber CPS under the "Radio Wide Box -> Advanced Tab".

THE PROBLEM IS: that i can't find this option in the Astro 25 CPS, PLEASE HELP ME FIND IT!

Thanks!
"It's all in a days' work"--LAPD/LAFD
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: XTS5000 "External Mic Only" Option in Astro25 CPS?

Post by Tom in D.C. »

My Astro 25 CPS has no listing in the radio wide settings for "external mic only."
Also, the term does not appear in the Help listing.
It does appear in my AS/XTS3K CPS.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Squad5
was mwb9122

Post by Squad5 »

Nothing found
themedic66

Post by themedic66 »

Thanks for responding; i knew I wasn't blind...HOWEVER, the only problem is that recently I worked with another agency and during that incident one of the officers pressed the PTT on his radio but spoke directly into his speaker/mic and it worked perfectly. Btw, he was using a Jedi-style mic on his XTS5000 just like mines.

Any ideas??
"It's all in a days' work"--LAPD/LAFD
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I just tried it with my XTS5000 and 3000 both with Jedi style, Commander and an OTTO mic. None will do what you are describing

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”