Proper Interconnect board for Astro Spectra Dash

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Leadenwah

Proper Interconnect board for Astro Spectra Dash

Post by Leadenwah »

What is ( are ) the proper interconnect board (s) for the Astro Spectra dash mount mid power mobile?
It seems that there were two, but I'm not so sure.
Jim202

Re: Proper Interconnect board for Astro Spectra Dash

Post by Jim202 »

Leadenwah wrote:What is ( are ) the proper interconnect board (s) for the Astro Spectra dash mount mid power mobile?
It seems that there were two, but I'm not so sure.

The 2 interconnect boards that I have found are the HLN6401A and the HLN6432D. The last one is listed for the W5 and W7 heads. If you go to the repeater builders site, you should find more info.

On that same note, you will also find a reference to another board that is used on the older Spectra. With some mods, the HLN6066b can be used. You need to cut 3 circuit traces and add a couple of wire jumpers. Do not use these boards without cutting the lands first.

Jim
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

The correct board is the HLN6401. That is the only one dashmount units ever had. Ones from a regular spectra may work but wont have all the paths for firmware upgrades, etc.

Jason
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

KB9KST wrote:Ones from a regular spectra may work but wont have all the paths for firmware upgrades, etc.
Keyloading won't work either.. found that out the hard way.
Leadenwah

Post by Leadenwah »

Thanks very much for the information.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”